June 03, 2008

This Is Why We Need A Change (Sorry John, Sorry Hillary)


Fearless leader George W. Bush on his decision to go to war in Iraq (from a new book by NBC News' Richard Engel):
"'This is the great war of our times. It is going to take forty years,'" [Bush told Engel]. "Bush said in forty years the world would know if the war on terrorism, and conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, had reduced extremism, helped moderates, and promoted democracy."

- Bush admits to Engel that going to war was a decision based on his personal instinct and not on any long-range strategy for the Mideast:

"I know people are saying we should have left things the way they were, but I changed after 9/11. I had to act. I don't care if it created more enemies. I had to act."
Can we have the election tomorrow?

No comments: