September 28, 2007

"Your Season Has Come" and Gone


oh the humanity
(image "courtesy" of metsgrrl)

Well, I guess if you're going to fail, you might as well fail spectacularly.

Oh, and I know "it ain't over till it's over" but even if the Mets somehow back their way into the playoffs, does anyone think this team's spotty starting rotation, abysmal bullpen, inconsistent offense and sloppy defense will get them past the first round? Seriously, what's the point?

With that said, as a lifelong* Mets fan, I of course will be root, root, rooting for the home team tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. That's because all Mets fans are Metsochistic.



*From 1966-1968 I was a Brooks Robinson-Frank Robinson-Boog (!) Powell Baltimore Orioles fan. In 1969 I switched over to the Amazin's and never looked back except for a brief fling with the 1982 Cecil Cooper-Robin Yount-Paul Molitor Milwaukee Brewers (hey, give me a break, I was living in Madison, WI at the time) and I of course rooted for the 1987 Kirby Puckett-Kent Hrbek Minnesota Twins in the World Series -- this had to do with both family and the fact that I got to meet Puckett and Hrbek that Spring as part of a Nickelodeon "Kids Day" shoot. Kirby and Kent actually let a lucky young kid "hit" in the batting cage. Wonder how many laws we broke by participating in that?

No comments: