June 05, 2007

When I'm 64


I take some pride in the fact that I look younger than I am. As a matter of fact, the other night my wife and I were carded at the Mets' game, being told by the young vendor that she had to card "everyone who looked under 40" (if you know us, you'd know how much a compliment that was). However, at a certain age, you have to stop acting like a frickin' moppet:*

Macca

Condolences to all Starbucks employees who will be forced to listen to "Sir" Paul's new album ALL DAY today. I'm sure there are one or two highlights but listening to anything non-stop would harsh anyone's mellow. For example, could you imagine listening to this more than once:

"End of the End"

Oh, it's just beginning, my coffee-brewin' friends.


*I just looked up the actual definition of moppet. It's a "young person between birth and puberty." So perhaps, to have been more accurate, I should have said it's time to stop acting like you're still in The Beatles...

No comments: