June 20, 2007

Some Posts Are More Equal Than Others


Animal Farm

I admit, I don't always put a lot of effort into this blog. Alas, it's not my day job and until I can figure out how to make a living off blogging (yeah, good luck with that), what you see is what you're gonna get. The odd thing is that sometimes when I put some actually oomph into this damn thing, I get bupkis in terms of response. A recent example would be my Sopranos Alternate Endings post. I thought, "here was something topical and funny, people will be flocking to it and digging it." I tried getting some usual suspects to link to it but to no avail. All that work for nothing (well, not really: I decided to post the video on YouTube and Vimeo; so far 15,985 have watched it on YouTube and 11,277 have watched it on Vimeo. Not bad).

So what's the point of this post? Well, every once in awhile, I'll blog something that took zero effort and somehow it ends up getting a bunch of links and comments, even months after it was posted. Two great examples: a Titanic: The Sequel post in which I simply blogged a YouTube video of an obviously fake trailer, and a Green Day/U2 post in which I blogged another YouTube video and made fun of Billie Joe looking like a cross between Jared Leto & Robert Smith. I'd like to share with you some of the more entertaining comments:
Titanic Comments:

WOW IM A HUGE TITANIC FAN AND I THINK THAT IF THIS SEQUEL WAS (REALLY) MADE IN TO A PROPPER FILM THEN IT WOULD WIN ACCADEMY AWARDS AND DO BETTER THAN THE FIRST FILM .I AM VERY EXCITED AND I HOPE THAT MY DREAM COMES TRUE ( FOR THE SEQUEL TO BE MADE REAL ) PLEASE MAKE ME AND MANT OTHERS HAPPY
FROM A GREAT FAN OF THE TITANIC STORY ,TERENCE MCPHEE

EVERYTIME I WATCH THIS I WANNA CRY! THIS MOVIE WOULD BE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THE FIRST!! I AND MANY OTHERS THINK THIS FLICK OR WHATEVER SHOULD BE MADE INTO A MOVIE. I WOULD WATCH TITANIC A DOZEN TIMES AND EVERYTIME I WOULD ASK MYSELF WHAT WOULD THE SEQUEL BE LIKE? WELL THIS ANSWERS MY QUESTION!! PLEASE, MAKE THIS MOVIE AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IT WOULD BE A HIT AND NO WASTE OF TIME.
SISCERELY,
SARA MARIE N.

This is kind of a retarded movie, i mean come on. Rose let go of Jack in the first movie because he was DEAD. I think it's just a waste of time. And if they do show this movie they first need to show something that says some thing like "This is not a true story and we miss the ones who really died on April 15,1912.Kayla Schulte

Green Day/U2 Comments:

u r such an asshole... Billy joe is a god ORIGINAL and TALENTED...

what's?? billie joe is a excelent musician!! hi is original.. u are such an idiot

You are such a asshole!!!!!
Jared Leto is verry cute!
And he doesn't look like anybody.
I HATE YOU AND I LOVE JARED LETO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, perhaps my favorite:

shut up stupid girl...
Ah, my devoted fans...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a blog, I've linked to you. I think we may have even exchanged an email. I give you credit on my blog but, alas, I don't always inform you that I've linked. You always have great posts. Keep it up. Gene http://pittsburghthoughts.blogspirit.com/

Krup said...

thanks gene. much appreciated. i didn't mean to sound whiny, it's just that i never really know what people think about this thing.

Anonymous said...

Classic! Love the comments!
angel

Ken La Salle said...

Ah, the Bloggers dilemma - "Why am I doing this, again?"

You're one of my daily stops on the blogonetosphereo, linked on my site and much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I look at your blog almost daily. I found it years ago (I don't remember how) and have recommended it to a few friends. I don't read many and I don't blog myself. This one seems to have all that I'm looking for: a taste of politics, music & pop culture. What more do I need?
"stupid girl"...that's amusing!
-B.
Seattle