October 16, 2006

First CBGB, Now Tower Records/Video


My neighborhood appears to be closing, most likely to make room for more NYU buildings.

tower

Tower has announced bankruptcy and is currently having an "Everything Must Go!" sale. I took advantage of the video sale this weekend (half price for used DVDs) and picked up, among other things, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. Me & the Ms. watched it the other night and while it wasn't "great" great, it was pretty damn entertaining and contained some amazing lines. For example:
"Gay" Perry: Look up idiot in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
Harry: A picture of me?
Perry: No! The definition of idiot. Which you fucking are!

and

Harry
(narrating): Don't worry, I saw Lord of the Rings. I'm not going to end this 17 times.

and

Perry: Merry Christmas, sorry I fucked you over.
Harry: No problem. Don't quit your gay job.
Guess you had to be there. Hey! You can be there. Here's a (for some reason censored) scene:



As for CBGB, James Wolcott has composed a nice, little requiem.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

I went to Tower Records today ... and still found it too expensive!