June 06, 2005

The Chronic

Funny how The Right is always happy with our court system when rulings go their way:
The federal government has the power to prevent sick patients from smoking home-grown marijuana that a doctor recommended to relieve chronic pain, a divided U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday in a setback for the medical marijuana movement.

The 6-3 ruling means the federal government can enforce a federal law prohibiting the cultivation, possession and use of medical marijuana even where it is legal under state law. At least nine states allow medical use of marijuana...

John Walters, the White House drug czar, said in a statement, "Today's decision marks the end of medical marijuana as a political issue."
Now I'm no medical expert (although I'm fairly certain that you can't get AIDs through sweat or tears and that Terry Schiavo was, indeed, in a persistent vegetative state even after I looked at the home videos), however I can tell you this: Not only is marijuana extremely effective as a reliever of severe pain, it also is a helluva lot less dangerous then oxycotin, the drug of choice of America's favorite junkie, Rush Limbaugh.

Yes, folks, I myself had some serious back problems a couple of years ago and tried everything the doctors gave me, including Rush's hillbilly heroin. And, yes, I admit, the oxy helped relieve my chronic pain and enabled me to finally sleep through the night. Unfortunately, I also slept through most of the day and when I did finally wake up I felt as if my head had turned into a bowling ball. A few days later, I was at a party and by chance I was offered one of those marijuana cigerettes I've heard so much about. I tried a couple of "tokes" as the young people would say and that night, for the first time in months, I not only slept like an innocent little baby, but I woke up feeling remarkably refreshed. No hangover, no pain.

I'm just sayin'...

No comments: