November 30, 2004

Does the Word "Hummer" Make You Giggle?


Okay, maybe it's just me. But I'm certainly not alone in hating these ridiculous vehicles. Even Thomas Friedman recently came out of his Iraq-War-Loving stupor to pen these mighty words of hatred aimed at Hummers and their owners:
"Yes, I want to drive the mother of all gas-guzzlers that gets so little mileage you have to drive from gas station to gas station. Yes, I want to drive my Hummer and never have to think that by consuming so much oil, I am making transfer payments to the worst Arab regimes that transfer money to Islamic charities that transfer money to madrassas that teach children intolerance, anti-pluralism and how to hate the infidels.

And when one day one of those madrassa graduates goes off and joins the jihad in Fallujah and kills my neighbor's son, who is in the U.S. Army Rangers, I want to drive to his funeral in my Hummer. Yes, I want to curse his killers in front of his mother and wail aloud, 'If there was only something I could do.' And then I want to drive home in my Hummer, stopping at two gas stations along the way."
Wanna meet 1,446 other people who hate Hummers? Sure you do. Click on the pic below and feel the love:

HummerFinger

No comments: